With the advancements in technology every industry has transformed their operations. The approach of mobile applications has made learning all the more captivating and fascinating. Presently, you can locate a mobile application for any work. With the assistance of mobile applications, you can begin eLearning as and when required from anyplace. The way that a large portion of them can work in disconnected mode has made them progressively retentive and speaking to the general population.
The education industry has experienced revolutionized changes like smart class rooms, e-learning application which facilitates a platform where kids can enhance their learning irrespective of the faculty availability.
It cannot be denied that most of the students spend their time on gadgets like mobile devices, tablets, laptops, etc. These e-learning mobile applications end up being an incredible way to use this time more profitably. Also these applications are easily available to students, which they can undoubtedly utilize them without stressing over high education cost.
We at Octal IT Solution possess immense experience in developing interactive e-learning applications, educational learning software etc. with enriched features and performance.
Increasing use of mobile applications:
Today people are addicted to using smart devices and this has changed the standard of living in society. Educational applications or mobile learning medium can enhance the users learning experience as these applications have interactive user interface which keeps them engaged hence grab the complete attention of the users.
Various educational institutions have developed e-learning applications considering the mobile application market size and opportunities it can bring.
Learning is very easy and interesting with these applications as they allow users with rich features like document management, sharing the project work or assignments online and many more. These applications have transformed the education industry enabling the users to put education in their pockets.
Interesting facts and figures for E-learning:
- As per the projection reports shared by Statista, the e-learning market is expected to grow by 243 billion US dollars by 2022. Moreover the market penetration rate is expected near around 7.5%.
- It is found that 64% of learners use their mobile devices for browsing training material.
- The efficiency and productivity level of mobile device learners is near around 43% in comparison with non-mobile users.
- Today mobile applications are widely used and downloaded. Hence 90% of the applications are downloaded by the smart device users.
- As per the survey conducted by Gallup 71% of people mentioned that the concepts are clear with learning through e-learning applications in comparison with the traditional learning method.
Various types of E-learning applications:
The types of e-learning applications are as follows:
Courses based application:
The application which is dedicatedly designed for running courses is termed as course based application. The content of the course includes audio and video clips that are accessible only within the application.
This is the software that is deigned keeping in mind the necessity of projection of contents for training and teaching purposes. It is widely used in smart classrooms and for distance learning programs.
These applications comprises of various tests and aptitude series for assessing student’s knowledge for a particular subject. These applications stores the response shared by the students, analyze the shared responses and publishes the result.
This e-learning application facilitates the users in English vocabulary.
Dedicated E-learning application:
The applications that are designed for a specific industry or domain such as medical, typing tutorials, etc.
Users of E-learning Application:
Basically there are four users of an e-learning application, students, teachers, parents and admin. Therefore the functionality would be different for all the users.
- Students are the main target audience for whom the application is designed. The business model of the application is deigned on the needs and requirements of the students in the current scenario.
- For beginning student needs to register to the application by completing the signup process.
- Select the desired courses and make payments for them.
- As every student has their dedicated dashboards and accounts so they can manage their stuff like, notes, study material in the account itself. Also the students can track their progress on subscribed courses and can access their stuff as required.
It is not important that every e-learning application have parent’s login facility available. This option is available only in those applications where the student is below 18 years of age. Hence the parents our guardians can login and select the desired courses for their children. Also they can keep a track of the performance and progress of their children.
Having a dedicated dashboard, registered teachers can perform tasks such as:
- Share videos related to a particular topic with students.
- Design their own course material and sell it to various students.
- With the help of the application they can establish an interactive communication medium with their students.
Admin has the master control over the application. They can manage the entire activities of the users that are available on the application. Can check the complete information related to the real time statistics, application retention rate, active courses and registered users etc.
Who can implement E-learning mobile application?
The e-learning solution is immensely beneficial for the educational industry and therefore it can benefit various schools, colleges and coaching institutions. By implementing e-learning in curriculum pattern the delivery of knowledge will enhance and thus will make the learning experience more interactive for the students.
This e-learning solutionis not only limited to education industry and thus can be opted by various corporate industries also to train their employees on different technologies and hence is a helpful tool in reduction of the training cost.
Advantages of E-learning mobile applications:
- The online technique for learning is most appropriate for everybody. This advanced upheaval has prompted wonderful changes in how the content is used, expended, talked about, and shared. Online e-learning courses can be taken up by various officials working in corporates and housewives as well, at the time that suits them.
- Unlike classroom lectures, with e-learning, you can access the course curriculum multiple times. This is particularly required at the hour of correction while getting ready for a test. In traditional learning pattern, if you are not able to attend the lecture in that case you need to prepare the entire topic on your own. Whereas in the e-learning you can access the desired topics lectures as and when required.
- A prime advantage of e-learning is that it ensures that you are in harmonizing with other students using the e-learning platform. This empowers the student to get to the refreshed content or curriculum ass and when required.
- E-learning is an approach to deliver quick lessons. When contrasted with the traditional methodology of classroom training, this mode is moderately quick.
- In comparison with the traditional teaching method e-learning is cost effective. The lessons are delivered quickly and easily with the help of images and videos which provides great understanding to the users.
The subscription model comprises two verticals.
- Free Subscription: Many students or users prefer free subscription for e-learning application and is widely opted. Hence this model has limited features and is available online.
- Premium Subscription: Users opting for premium subscription avails certain benefits like able to use complete coursework available within the application, Can get their doubts cleared with respective faculty or teacher and can even enjoy using the application offline.
If any third party vendors wants to promote their products and offerings on the application can be accommodated. This helps in earning some extra income.
By including e-commerce facility in the application, the app owner can earn some commission if any product is browsed or purchased within the application.
Top e-learning mobile applications:
Applications that are prominent in the market are:
- Periodic Table
- Amzon Kindle
Features for E-learning application:
Student Panel Features:
- View and select various available courses
- Smart search with various filter option
- Users can post questions and can easily connect with a specific teacher by video or text chat
- Course certificates are available on the completion
Teacher Panel Features:
- Easy registration
- Profile enhancement
- Earn credits and points on replying to the questions asked by the students
- Push Notifications
- Ratings and Reviews
Admin panel Features:
- User management
- Profile management
- Communication management
- Subscription package management
- Content management
- Statistics and reports
For motivating students to perform well it is important to integrate bulletin board functionality which is a great tool for boosting motivation in students and other e-learners.
Practice tests and Quiz:
It is really important to monitor the students’ performance on regular basis so as to know their grasping power and knowledge. Therefore implementing practice test papers and quiz in e-learning mobile application can make tracking student’s performance much easier.
Document Management Module:
This helps in managing the documents shared by teachers with their students or learners. The document management module stores stuff like, video or audio clips, documents, presentations, PDFs, spreadsheets etc. that are uploaded and shared with the users for accessing as and when required.
Open discussion forum:
By implementing open discussion forum in the e-learning application you can enable the interaction platform between the application users. Here the users can share their views for new topics generation and can post their comments and feedbacks on currently available topics. This is a very helpful toll for improvising learning experience between the users. Admin monitors the comments so as to avoid any spam trailed communication.
By implementing e-commerce functionality in the e-learning application its effectiveness increases. The users can easily purchase any premium video lectures, books and various other learning products within the application.
Notifications play a significant role in the success of an e-learning application. The user needs to be updated on the addition of any new video by their subscribed teacher, new course content available or any special lecture being planned.
With this feature the admin can track the performance the application and the user search pattern within the application. Hence with this feature the admin track the complete flow of activities such as users who are submitting their assignments, users who are appearing for practice test, their scores, etc.
Customer relationship management integration plays a significant importance in e-learning application. Customer search preference is monitored and customized results are displayed to each customer so as to be different and sustain in this competitive environment.
With this feature the entire digital content on the application is maintained and monitored.
This feature enables instant communication within the application. Students can directly get in touch with their respective teachers for solution off any query. Also various users of the application can chat with each other.
If the application is available in multiple languages than it can have users from various parts of the world.
By integrating multiple payment options in the application facilitates the users in making payments in a hassle free manner. Multiple payment modes can be used like Pay pal, Stripe, NEFT, Credit / Debit cards.
Team structure required for a successful E-Learning Application Development:
To develop a dynamic E-learning mobile application, a team of highly skilled professionals is required. Therefore the required team members would be:
- Delivery Manager
- Project Manager
- iOS Developer
- Android Developer
- Web Developer
- Front and back-end Developer.
- UX/UI Designers.
- Graphic Designers.
- QA Testers.
How much does it costs to develop an E-learning Application Development?
In order to decide the development cost of E-learning application, three factors play a significant role.
Application features and complexity included:
If in case the application comprises only the basic functionality then comparatively the prices would be less. Moreover if an application has advanced functionality and audio-video integration then it may cost high.
Platforms on which the application is being developed:
If the application is being designed only on one platform either iOS, Android or Web then the cost would be less. On the contrary if the application is being developed for multiple platforms then the price would be high.
Development team size and its location:
The hourly price for developing the application is different from one region to another. The US/UK based developers prices are around $150-$250 per hour. Eastern Europe based developers prices are around $80 to $180 per hour. Therefore Indian developers’ prices are around $20-$70 per hour which is the most reasonable rate. Moreover taking an average the overall development cost of E-learning mobile Applications may cost near around $10,000 to $30,000. If advanced features incorporated than the development cost may increase.